Helping you find government information and services

Studying in Australia

Find government information about how to come to Australia to study and which visas you need.

Study in Australia

Download for:

Provides an introduction to the benefits of studying in Australia. You can search for courses, find out about study costs, and about living in Australia. You can also identify courses which meet Australia's registration, accreditation and quality assurance standards in your own country.

Australian Trade and Investment Commission

Study in Australia – visas and information

Provides information  for students who are considering studying in Australia.

Department of Home Affairs

Buying real estate in Australia - a guide for non residents

A brief outline of Australia's foreign investment policy in relation to residential real estate.

Foreign Investment Review Board

Changing courses

Download for:

if you are thinking of changing your course of study, you need to ensure that you continue to meet all the conditions that apply to your student visa.

Department of Home Affairs


Download for:
Check your Australian visa work rights, study rights, travel conditions and expiry date. You can also email your visa details directly from myVEVO to your employer, school or other organisation.

Department of Home Affairs

Studying in Australia – tax information

Provides taxation information for overseas students enrolled to study in Australia in a course that lasts for six months or more.

Australian Taxation Office

Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)

VEVO is a secure online service which allows you to check and email your visa details, and provides information about your visa conditions. With your permission, VEVO can also give registered organisations a limited amount of relevant information on your visa conditions, for example if you are permitted to work or study in Australia.

Department of Home Affairs

Visa holders and migrants – know your workplace rights

Find out what visa holders and migrants need to know before they start working in Australia.

Fair Work Ombudsman