Helping you find government information and services

Migrants, refugees and visitors

Information about government benefits and payments to support new arrivals to Australia.

Migrants, refugees and visitors

Provides a range of services to help support migrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants settle into life in Australia.

Department of Human Services

Adult migrant English program

Provides up to 510 hours of free English lessons to eligible adult migrants and humanitarian entrants.

Department of Education and Training

Information in your language

Links to Department of Human Services information and services in a range of languages. This includes information about Medicare, Centrelink and Child Support payments and services.

Department of Human Services

Settle in Australia

Download for:

Information to assist migrants and refugees and humanitarian entrants settling into Australia. Includes places you can contact for help with settlement and practical information for your life in Australia including health, housing, transport and work.

Department of Social Services

Translating and Interpreting Service

An interpreting service for people who do not speak English and for agencies and businesses that need to communicate with their non-English speaking clients. The majority of TIS National services are free to non-English speakers. Generally the organisation you are contacting will accept the charges for the service.

Department of Home Affairs