Helping you find government information and services

Rural and remote Australians

Learn about government benefits and payments for rural and remote Australians.

Rural and remote Australians

If you live in a rural or regional part of Australia, there is a range of options available to make it easier to access government services, payments and support.


Department of Human Services

Carer Gateway

Download for:

A national online and phone service that provides practical information and resources to support carers. An interactive service finder helps carers connect to local support services. Call 1800 422 737.

Healthdirect Australia Ltd

Drought and rural assistance

Provides programs to support farm families and farm businesses in hardship.

Department of Agriculture and Water Resources

Farm Finance Concessional Loans Scheme

Available in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Tasmania.​ Provides loans tailored to meet the needs of each jurisdiction’s farming sector.

Department of Agriculture and Water Resources

Rural Financial Counselling Service

Provides grants to state and regional organisations to provide free rural financial counselling to primary producers, fishers and small rural businesses who are suffering financial hardship and who have no alternative sources of impartial support.

Department of Agriculture and Water Resources