Emergency Assistance and Support
Over-the-phone support and information during the coronavirus pandemic.
National Coronavirus Line 1800 020 080
Mental health, safety & support
- If anyone is in immediate danger call 000.
- Kids Helpline is a free service for young people aged 5 to 25. Kids, teens and young adults can call 1800 551 800 at any time.
Support for people living with a disability
Support for individuals and households
- Those on a low income may be eligible to apply for a 'No Interest Loan'. For more information and details on how to apply, call 13 64 57 or visit Good Shepherd Microfinance.
- For information on JobSeeker payments, other income support payments and Centrelink services call Centrelink Employment Services on 13 28 50.
- For the ATO Customer Service Line, call 13 28 61.
- The Australian Tax Office offers a range of support and assistance to businesses and individuals effected by COVID-19, as well as other disasters such as bushfires, droughts and floods. You can contact the ATO Emergency Support Infoline on 1800 806 218.
- To test eligibility for income support payments, including JobSeeker, visit Services Australia.
Support for Australians overseas and foreign citizens in Australia
- For information on visa rules and queries regarding extension of visas call 13 18 81 (within Australia) or +61 2 6196 0196 (outside Australia).
- The Consular Emergency Centre provides 24-hour support for Australians with serious and urgent needs. It is also for friends and family of Australians overseas. For urgent matters call 1300 555 135. For non-urgent matters visit smartraveller.
Help for parents and carers
- For advice and information about early childhood education and care services with vacancies in your area, contact the ACECQA helpline on 1800 291 041.