Helping you find government information and services

Rural communities

Find government information and support services available to rural and remote Australians.

Rural and remote Australians

If you live in a rural or regional part of Australia, there is a range of options available to make it easier to access government services, payments and support.


Department of Human Services

Rural Financial Counselling Service

Provides grants to state and regional organisations to provide free rural financial counselling to primary producers, fishers and small rural businesses who are suffering financial hardship and who have no alternative sources of impartial support.

Department of Agriculture and Water Resources