• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

Family law

Find information about Australia's family law system, the family courts and help for families with relationship issues.

Child Support

Child Support, part of the Department of Human Services (DHS), is helping separated parents provide the necessary support for their children's wellbeing.

Department of Human Services

Commonwealth Courts Portal

Provides online services allowing clients to access information about cases before the Family Court of Australia, the Federal Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia.

Family Court of Australia


Provides information about Australia's family law system. Includes children and family law, family dispute resolution, family violence and superannuation splitting laws.

Attorney-General's Department

Family Court of Australia

Australia’s specialist court dealing with family law disputes. Hears appeals from decisions in family law matters of the Federal Magistrates Court.

Family Court of Australia

Family Law Courts

Provides topic based information about family law and a court tour. Includes information on separation and divorce, children's matters, property and money matters, family violence and about going to court and appeals.

Family Court of Australia

Family law kit

The role of police in family law matters is primarily to act on orders issued by a Court, and to prevent the unlawful removal of children from Australia. Provides general information on family law orders relating to children.

Australian Federal Police

Family Relationships

Family Relationships online provides all families (whether together or separated) with information and advice about family relationship issues.
More: Family Relationship Centres (for information and confidential assistance) | Family Relationship Advice Line on 1800 050 321

Department of Social Services

Key internet links on family law

Contains links to Internet resources and documents in the area of federal family law, as well as providing links to other guides and directories which contain material on state. territory and overseas law.

Parliament of Australia

Back to top