Australian Government ICT Graduate Programme
The Australian Government ICT Graduate Programme is for ICT Graduates who have completed their degree in ICT within the last 7 years.
As a graduate you will work full-time in an Australian Government agency while completing a Graduate Certificate in Advanced Business Informatics. The 12 month Programme offers ICT Graduates looking for a challenge with a unique opportunity to apply for a position with numerous Australian Government agencies.
As an Australian Government ICT Graduate you will receive:
- a competitive starting salary
- a post graduate qualification with a public sector ICT focus
- a permanent job in the Australian Government
- free Australian Computer Society (ACS) membership and access to ACS events
- generous leave and superannuation
- structured support and mentoring from managers and colleagues
- flexible working arrangements
- opportunities to network with other ICT professionals.
To underpin your future ICT career, the Programme will offer development opportunities to help you transition into the Australian Government and understand the broader ICT work environment. You will also become a graduate member of the Australian Computer Society to help you strengthen your employment credentials, manage your ICT career, gain new skills and keep your knowledge current.
You will complete a graduate development program and attain a Graduate Certificate in Advanced Business Informatics which includes a development opportunity to complete a major ICT project.
How will I stay on track?
You will be offered dedicated support services to ensure your success during the Graduate Programme year.
Your workplace supervisor will also guide you in your day-to-day work, answer questions and provide you with advice. A dedicated Career Development and Support Officer will also assist with your academic and workplace progress, as well as act as an informal mentor and coach.
In addition, you will participate in learning and development activities which will provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to become a high performing Australian Government employee.
The list of government agencies participating on the 2016 Programme include;
- Attorney-General’s Department
- Australian Financial Security Agency
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Department of Defence
- Department of Communications
- Department of Finance
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Department of Health
- Department of Parliamentary Services
- Department of Social Services
- Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- Geoscience Australia
- IP Australia
How do I apply?
Applications for the 2016 Programme are now closed. Applications for the 2017 Programme will open in April 2016.
- be an Australian Citizen at the time of application
- have completed a minimum of an undergraduate degree in ICT within the last 7 years which, if completed overseas, can be recognised in Australia
- be able to pass a security and health assessment
- be willing to move to Canberra if required.