• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

Disability payments and allowances

Carer allowance

A supplementary payment available for carers who provide additional daily care and attention for someone with a disability or medical condition, or who is frail aged.

Department of Human Services

Carer payment

An income support payment for people who personally provide constant care in the home of someone with a severe disability, illness, or who is frail aged.

Department of Human Services

Mobility allowance

Provides help to people who have a disability, illness or injury participate in approved activities. The allowance helps with the transport costs for those who cannot use public transport, permanently or for an extended period, without assistance.

Department of Human Services

Sickness allowance

A payment for people aged 22 years or older but under Age Pension age who temporarily cannot work or study because of an injury or illness.

Department of Human Services

Back to top