Helping you find government information and services

Contacting the Government

Do you need help working out which government agency can answer your question? provides a directory of services offered by government departments and agencies.

We can point you in the right direction by telling you the correct organisation to contact.

See the A-Z list of government sites

Coming to Australia

(Including visas, citizenship, immigration and permanent residency)

Already in Australia

Contact the Australian service centre

From Europe

Contact the Europe service centre

Australian immigration enquiry form for Europe

From the Americas Region

Contact the Americas service centre

Australian immigration enquiry form for the Americas Region

From another country

Find contact details for your nearest service centre

About myGov

If you have a question about a service you access on myGov (for example tax or JobSearch) you will need to contact the provider

Answers to common questions about myGov can be found on the myGov Need Help? page

For all other questions contact the myGov helpdesk

About tax or superannuation

Contact the Australian Taxation Office

About copyright

(Including patents and trademarks)

Contact IP Australia

Questions about business

General business questions


For ABN (Australian Business Numbers)

Contact the Australian Taxation Office

For ACN (Australian Company Numbers) and Australian Business Names

Contact the Australian Securities and Investments Commission

Questions about customs, imports and exports

What to declare when coming into Australia

Contact the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources

Importing and exporting goods

Contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Questions about identification or documentation

Birth, death and marriage certificates

Contact the relevant state or territory authority

Births, deaths and marriages registries by state

Police checks

Contact the relevant state or territory police service

Police checks by state