Helping you find government information and services

State services

Find the top popular state and territory government services such as vehicle registration, driver licence application or renewal, senior's card application and business name registration.


Emergency links – states and territories

Download for:
Provides emergency phone numbers and links to state and territory emergency and disaster information. Includes links to their rural fire service and State Emergency Service (SES) as well as police, fire, ambulance and alert services.

Health and wellbeing – states and territories

Download for:
States and territories have primary responsibility for public hospitals and community and public health, ambulance, public dental services and mental health programs. Provides links to state and territory health information.

Official tourist sites

Download for:
Planning an Australian holiday? Explore these official tourist sites for things to do, places to see, accommodation, upcoming events and much more.

Police checks (criminal history records checks)

Download for:
A police check may be required for people seeking employment in Australia or overseas, visa applications and other purposes. Provides links to national and state and territory police records check services.

States, Territories and Local Government

Download for:
Entry points, government directories, listings of departments and agencies and parliamentary contacts on state and territory websites

13 HEALTH [Qld]

Download for:

If it's not an emergency but it could be serious... Call 1343 2584 for qualified health advice for all Queenslanders.You can phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Queensland Health

Access City Hotline [ACT]

Have you ever had difficulty getting into or around buildings, using doors or stairways, negotiating footpaths, roadways, kerbed areas, reading or understanding signs or directions in the ACT? Phone Access City Hotline on 02 6257 3077.

Citizens Advice Bureau [ACT]

Australian Business Licence and Information Service

Find out which government licences and registrations apply to your business. ABLIS helps you find the government licences, permits, approvals, registrations, codes of practice, standards and guidelines you need to know about to meet your compliance responsibilities.

Department of Industry and Science

Better health channel (Vic)

Site for health and wellbeing information and services sponsored by the State Government of Victoria with related links.

Department of Health [Vic]

Births, deaths and marriages registries

Download for:
Register a birth, apply for a certificate, change your name or search your family history. Provides links to the state and territory births, deaths and marriages registries.

Building approval [ACT]

Download for:

Building approval is required for most developments in the Australian Capital Territory to ensure building complies with building laws. Includes links to exemptions information and building approval information pack.

Environment and Sustainable Development Directorate

Business – states and territories

Download for:
Provides links to state and territory information about services and information for businesses.

Buying, selling or renting property

Download for:
Buying, selling or renting property? Provides links to state and territory housing and property information.

Consumer authorities

Download for:
State and territory consumer authorities administer the Australian Consumer Law within their jurisdictions. Provides links to the state and territory consumer authorities.

Driver's licence application

Download for:
Planning to drive for the first time? Provides links to state and territory information on getting your driver's licence.

Driver's licence renewal

Download for:
Do you need to renew your driver's licence? Provides links to state and territory licence renewal information.

Driving with an overseas licence

Download for:
Laws and driving regulations differ from state to state for overseas drivers. Provides links to state information for driving with an overseas licence while visiting Australia.

Fix my street [ACT]

Download for:

Fix My Street is an online reporting facility that provides direct contact to Australian Capital Territory Government agencies for the reporting of municipal service requests. Residents can submit service requests by choosing from a menu of topics, such as abandoned vehicles, cycle paths, garbage bins, graffiti etc.

ACT Government

Forms and licences [NT]

Download for:

Access a range of licences, permits and application forms administered by Northern Territory Government agencies.

Department of Business [NT]

Free Plant Issue Scheme [ACT]

If you have purchased a brand new residential block of land in the Australian Capital Territory, you are entitled to an allocation of plants from the Yarralumla Nursery. The ACT Government provides these plants to help you beautify your new home and your suburb.

Territory and Municipal Services Directorate [ACT]

Gaming (gambling) authorities

Download for:
States and territories have responsibility for gaming (gambling). Provides links to state and territory gaming information.

Government concessions – states and territories

Download for:
Provides links to state and territory government concessions providing assistance to a range of individuals.

Government tenders – states and territories

Download for:
Provides information about state and territory government procurement opportunities for businesses.

Jobs and workplace – states and territories

Download for:
Provides links to a variety of state and territory employment and workplace information.

Justices of the Peace

Download for:
The role of the JP is to act as an independent and objective witness to documents people use for official or legal purposes. Provides links to state and territory JP services.