Smartraveller - travel advisories
Smartraveller provides regular travel advisories and bulletins. If you are living or travelling overseas you can subscribe to receive free automatic email notification each time the travel advice for your selected destination/s is updated. That way you can ensure that you have the latest information.
Travel advisories provide accurate, up-to-date information about the risks Australians might face overseas for more than 160 destinations,enabling you to make well-informed decisions about whether, when and where to travel.
Australians are keen travellers and each year make more than four million trips to international destinations. Many Australians also live abroad. Travelling or living overseas can be exciting and rewarding, but it also carries potential risks. Each year, approximately 20,000 Australians approach the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra and at DFAT's overseas missions for consular assistance.
Choose the Click to access button below to start your subscription.
How do I access this service?
- Already registered? Retrieve your password
- Travel advisories
- General advice for Australian travellers
- Destinations to which you are advised not to not travel
- Destinations to which you are advised to reconsider your need to travel
- Travel Bulletins
- Australian embassies, high commissions, consulates, multilateral missions and representatives offices