• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

Passports - child alert request

Service Description

If you have parental responsibility for a child and you have reason to believe that an attempt may be made to remove the child from Australia or an overseas country, you can complete a Child Alert Request form. A Child Alert Request is a warning to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade that there may be circumstances which prevent the issue of an Australian passport or other travel document to a particular child.

This Alert Request relates only to the issue of Australian passports and travel documents. It cannot stop a person from travelling if he/she already has a current Australian passport or can obtain a passport or travel document from another country. In this case you should contact the Australian Federal Police Family Law Unit in your state or territory to arrange for a barrier control alert to be put in place. If the child is already overseas, you should contact local border/police authorities in the country where the child resides.

Choose the Click to access button below to complete and print out a Child Alert Request form.

Who can use this service?

You can make a Child Alert Request if you are the parent of, or person with a parental responsibility for, the child named on the this form.

What is needed to use this service?

  • A certified copy of any court order reflecting parental responsibility for the child named on this form.
  • Accompanying statement (if necessary).

How do I access this service?

Back to top