• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

Community care service finder

Service Description

The community care service finder can help you find services that can help you remain independent in your home. Community care services can provide help with everything from housework, meals and personal care, to assistance getting out and about for social activities.

Because of the way community care works, the services you find may be based somewhere else but service your community.

You can search for community care services:

  • by area (suburb/town) and state, or service name, and
  • service type

What if I need more information?

Help staying at home gives you more information on help available for older people who want to stay at home rather than go into an aged care home. It can help you or your carer to understand the various types of community care services available and how to arrange them.

You can also telephone from anywhere in Australia:

  • Aged Care Information Line 1800 200 422
  • Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres 1800 052 222 (freecall)

Who can use this service?

A free assessment with an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT or ACAS in Victoria) is necessary to determine your eligibility for some community care or aged care home care.

Back to top