Business Licence and Information Service
The Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) is a free service that helps businesses find the licences, permits, registrations, codes of practice, standards and guidelines they need to meet their compliance responsibilities.
ABLIS replaces eight online licence services currently run by the state and territory governments:
- Business Licence Information Service (BLIS) in the ACT, NSW, NT, SA, Tasmania and Victoria
- SmartLicence in Queensland
- Business Licence Finder (BLF) in WA.
ABLIS benefits businesses that operate across multiple states and territories, by providing a single place to search for compliance information.
Who can use this service?
Businesses wishing to discover their compliance responsibilities online. Find out which government licences and registrations apply to your business, and create and download a personalised report containing:
- a summary of state or territory, local and Australian government requirements relevant to your business
- information about licence fees, how to apply, periods of cover and renewals
- how to access application and renewal forms
- where to go for more help and information.