• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

International students

Study in Australia

Provides an introduction to the benefits of studying in Australia. You can search for courses, find out about study costs, and about living in Australia. You can also identify courses which meet Australia's registration, accreditation and quality assurance standards in your own country.

Australian Trade Commission

Visa Finder

Helps you find the Australian visa most likely to meet your specific circumstances. It includes the most common Australian visas, but does not include every visa.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

AusLIST - Australian List of Institutions and Courses Around the World

Provides an online directory of Australian providers and the courses they deliver overseas. It enables international students to find information on Australian higher education courses being offered in their country; and the locations where those courses are delivered.

Department of Education

Australia Awards

International scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Government that aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia's partner countries, in line with bilateral and regional agreements.

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Bridging visas

A bridging visa is a temporary visa that provides for a non-citizen to remain lawful in certain circumstances where they do not hold a substantive visa. There are different categories of bridging visas for Australia that relate to different circumstances.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Changing courses or education providers

Provides details on how to change to a new course at a different level of qualification or with a different education provider.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students

The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) is the official Australian Government website that lists all Australian education providers that offer courses to people studying in Australia on student visas and the courses offered.

Department of Education

Endeavour scholarships and fellowships: Australian scholarships

Internationally competitive, merit-based scholarship and fellowship programs providing opportunities for citizens of the Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Europe and Americas to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia.

Department of Education

ESOS legislative framework

The Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) framework protects the interests of overseas students and Australia's reputation for delivering quality education services by setting out standards, roles and responsibilities for education institutions that teach overseas students, as well as providing tuition and financial assurance for students.

Department of Education

International students - know your workplace rights

Like many international students you may get a part-time or casual job to help pay your living expenses while you study in Australia. This information will help you to understand your rights in the workplace. Information is available in several languages.

Fair Work Ombudsman

Overseas Students Ombudsman

The Overseas Students Ombudsman (OSO) investigates complaints about problems that overseas students or intending overseas students may have with private education and training in Australia.

Commonwealth Ombudsman

Scholarships information for international students

Scholarships are offered by the Australian Government, education institutions and a number of other organisations. They cover various educational sectors, including vocational education and training, student exchanges, undergraduate and postgraduate study and research.

Australian Trade Commission

Study in Australia - visas & immigration information

Provides information for people studying or seeking study in Australia. Also provides information on education providers.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Back to top