• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+


Choosing a super fund

Provides information for employees about choosing a super fund or retirement savings account (RSA) that will receive their super contributions under the superannuation guarantee.

Australian Taxation Office

Employees - Fair Work Ombudsman

Provides information on the new Fair Work System, modern awards that replace awards in most industries, transitional arrangements for modern award pay rates and National Employment Standards for employees. Includes things every employee should know and an employment checklist to help you learn about your workplace rights and entitlements.

Department of Employment

Employment - Fair Work System

Most employment relationships in Australia are now covered by the Fair Work system. Links to information about the new system.

Fair Work Ombudsman

Employment services provider search

If you are looking for work, you can search the online facility to find the details of your local employment service providers. Employment service providers are agencies that provide various kinds of support to job seekers.

Department of Employment

Fair Work Infoline

Provides information and advice about Australia's workplace rights and rules. If you have a question or problem relating to your workplace, call the Fair Work Infoline on 131 394.

Department of Employment

Financial Survival Guide - I'm worried about my job

MoneySmart guide about what steps to take if you're worried about the security of your job, or cut-backs. Find out what you can do to make sure you can still cope financially.

Australian Securities and Investments Commission

Guide to tax file numbers

Provides information about tax file numbers (TFNs) for individuals including what they are used for, how to obtain one or how to find your TFN if you already have one. Only one TFN is issued to you during your lifetime, even if you change your circumstances.

Australian Taxation Office

Individual income tax rates

Shows the percentage of tax payable for each income bracket, for individual Australian taxpayers, for the previous and current financial years.

Australian Taxation Office

International students - know your workplace rights

Like many international students you may get a part-time or casual job to help pay your living expenses while you study in Australia. This information will help you to understand your rights in the workplace. Information is available in several languages.

Fair Work Ombudsman


Australia's largest free online jobs board. It is a free service to assist job seekers find employment and connect employers with staff.

Department of Employment

National Employment Standards

Employers and employees in the national workplace system are covered by the National Employment Standards (NES). Under the NES, employees have certain minimum conditions. Together with pay rates in modern awards and minimum wage orders, the NES makes up the safety net that cannot be altered to the disadvantage of the employee.

Fair Work Ombudsman

Paper tax return

Not everyone needs to lodge a tax return, but if you do, you can lodge your tax return online, by mail or through a registered tax agent. You can use the paper Tax return for individuals and the Individual tax return instructions to lodge your paper return by mail.

Australian Taxation Office


Provides tax information about superannuation for workers, employers, self-managed super funds and superannuation professionals.

Australian Taxation Office

Superannuation - departing Australia

If you are a former temporary resident, you can claim super benefits you accumulated while working in Australia. To claim the Departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) you must have visited on an eligible temporary resident visa (which has expired or been cancelled), and permanently departed Australia.

Australian Taxation Office

Tax - migrants or visitors - tax file number application

If you are a temporary visitor or permanent migrant, you can apply for a tax file number (TFN) online. Applications can be made at any time if you are in Australia and you have a visa that allows work rights, a visa that allows permanent migration, or a valid visa to stay in Australia indefinitely.

Australian Taxation Office

Back to top