• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

Australians abroad

Find targeted government information for Australians living abroad on a range of issues including citizenship, pensions, tax and elections.

Getting help overseas – consular services

Outlines the help that Australian citizens overseas who find themselves in trouble can expect from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade when seeking consular assistance.

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Australians overseas

If you are going to travel or live outside Australia, check how this may affect your health care, child support arrangements and Centrelink payments.

Department of Human Services

Child born overseas to an Australian citizen

Information on citizenship for children born overseas to an Australian parent.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Current citizens

Offers information on citizenship for current citizens including Australian citizens by birth, people with dual citizenship, long term residents in Australia and Australians living overseas. Includes information on revoking citizenship.

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Exempt foreign employment income

Provides information for Australian residents working overseas to help them work out whether or not their income is exempt from income tax in Australia.

Australian Taxation Office

International Services

Helps customers claim foreign pensions and receive their Australian social security payments while outside Australia.

Department of Human Services

Overseas electors

Overseas or going overseas? Australian Electoral Commission page providing comprehensive information and forms for overseas voters.

Australian Electoral Commission

Back to top