Helping you find government information and services



Download for:

Provides information about Australia's family law system. Includes children and family law, family dispute resolution, family violence and superannuation splitting laws.

Attorney-General's Department

Family Relationships

Download for:

Family Relationships online provides all families (whether together or separated) with information and advice about family relationship issues.
More: Family Relationship Centres (for information and confidential assistance) | Family Relationship Advice Line on 1800 050 321

Department of Social Services

Passports – change of Name

If you wish to change the name that appears in your passport, you must provide originals of documents that explain all name changes you have had since birth or obtaining Australian citizenship.

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Relationships (NSW)

Download for:

Provides relationships information relating to getting married, separation and divorce, de facto relationships, familiy advice line, gay and lesbian counselling service and domestic violence.

NSW Government

Relationships and money – MoneySmart

Are you moving in with someone, opening a joint account, or starting a joint loan or investment? It pays to go into love and money matters with your eyes open.

Australian Securities and Investments Commission

Separated families support material

Offers several publications to support families going through separation.

Department of Human Services

The Line

Download for:

What exactly is the line? And what happens when you cross it? Some things are never acceptable, like violence, rape and abuse. But in other areas, the line can be blurry. Where do you draw the line? Here, you'll find a heap of stuff that will help you decide.

Department of Social Services