• Share on facebook
  • Share on twitter
  • Share on LinkedIn
  • Share on Google+

Which federal electorate do I live in? Who is my federal member of parliament?

You can find out which electorate you live in, and who your local federal member is, by using the federal electorate search facilities provided on the Australian Electoral Commission.

You can search for your local federal electorate by entering either your suburb name or postcode. Select the electorate name to display the details of your local Member of Parliament and party details.

Once you know the name of your federal Member of Parliament, you can find contact details of Members.

In some cases a locality/suburb or postcode may be in more than one federal electorate or you may simply want to contact the AEC direct. If this is the case, you can telephone 132326 (for the cost of a local call within Australia) or dial +61262714411 from outside Australia. You can also send an enquiry via email to

Back to top