Aviation has been very significant in Australia. As a country with large distances to cross and a sparse population, aviation was an ideal way to provide services such as mail, transport, medical support and goods supply. This was especially applicable to areas where railways were not viable and roads were primitive. All around Australia, a large number of aviation museums have been established, recording our aviation history.
Vickers-Viscount--V.816 VH-TVR on display at Moorabbin Air Museum. Image courtesy of Australian National Aviation Museum.
New South Wales
- Temora Aviation Museum
- Fleet Air Arm Museum
- Australian Aviation Museum, Bankstown
- The Camden Museum of Aviation
- Fighterworld Aviation Museum, Williamtown
- The Australian National Aviation Museum - Moorabbin Air Museum
- Ballarat Aviation Museum
- The Airways Museum & Civil Aviation Historical Society
- Trans-Australia Airlines Museum
- RAAF Museum, Point Cook
Last updated: 8th December 2008
Creators: David Gardiner, Kathryn Wells